Around 14% of people in the UK are registered disabled and Martins Cleaning website is designed to provide a site that is accessible to the widest possible audience.
Features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities include:
- Conformity where possible to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
- Using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML and CSS.
- Ensuring the site displays correctly in all browsers and using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code to ensure the site displays correctly in any future browsers.
- Navigation items with background changes to highlight links and current page. Links are also written to make sense out of context.
- Links to external web sites opening up a new browser window where this is supported by the browser otherwise the same browser window is used.
- Navigation of the web site without the use of a mouse.
- All content images using in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Content being separated from visual design and cascading style sheets (CSS) used for visual layout.
- Facility to still be able to read the content of each page even if your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets.
Our web site is continually being updated and refreshed and whilst such work is in progress it may not fully conform to our accessibility guidelines outlined above.
Should you ever experience any problems accessing any area of the Martins Cleaning website, please do not hesitate to contact us and provide details.